Friday, July 5, 2013

The last year condensed into a single post

So, it has been two months short of a year since the last sets of posts I made. 
As I mentioned in my previous post, part of that is because I moved a good deal of my blogging to tumblr, which is more social and better for short, time-efficient quips. 

The time-efficiency portion of that is a big factor because over the past year, I've had some rather challenging schedules. 
My fall schedule looked like this:

And my spring looked like this:
(with the added bonus of an extremely heavy homework load--as in, expected 10-20 hours a week--in at least two of those classes)

So I have not had a lot of time for recreation or long drabbles about thoughts, which is kind of a shame given many of those classes were interesting and engaging. The Psychology of Prejudice and Discrimination and Topics in Science (for Honors) were especially thought-provoking. It's sort of disappointing that I wasn't able to write more about them while I was in the class. 

Other than that, my time was spent on Homestuck and art, SRC, our Phi Kappa Phi chapter, and basically an endless stream of activity and interests. 

A few things stand out:
  • We continued to work on the house. It is still not completely done--there is more basement bullshit to be done yet. When it is done, I'll do the final posts on the basement renovations and stuff like that, or maybe just do a masterpost of the finished products.
  • We went to Boston and New York on Spring Break--I have a bunch of photos from that on my phone, but I haven't uploaded them anywhere. Maybe I will be motivated to do so later in order to document that trip here. I really do like documenting life events--it's just a little difficult to do sometimes. 
  • This summer, I took a few classes as well--Ceramics and Abnormal Psychology, which I LOVED. If it weren't for the outrageous number of life goals I have already, I'd really consider going into clinical or counseling psychology. Maybe I will anyways. Who knows. 
Other than that, it was just work work work work work work and Homestuck


No comments:

Post a Comment